Friday, April 13, 2012

Are you coming with me.

Par was aware suddenly of how much he loved his brother. "Are you coming with me. Coil?" he asked then. "To the Hadeshom?" Coil looked at him and blinked. "Isn't it odd," he replied, "that you and Walker and even Wren have the dreams and I don't, that all of you are mentioned in them, but never me, and that all of you are called, but not me?" There was no rancor in his voice, only puzzlement. "Why do you think that is? We've never talked about it, you and I, have we? Not once. I think we have both been very careful to avoid talking about it." Par stared at him and didn't know what to say. Coil saw his discomfort and smiled. "Awkward, isn't it? Don't look so mis- erable, Par. It isn't as if the matter is any fault of yours." He leaned close. "Maybe it has something to do with the magic- something none of us knows yet. Maybe that's it.'' Par shook his head and sighed. "I'd be lying if I said that the whole business of me having dreams and you not having them doesn't make me very uncomfortable. I don't know what to say. I keep expecting you to involve yourself in something that doesn't really concern you. I shouldn't even ask-but I guess I can't help it. You're my brother, and I want you with me." Coil reached out and put a hand on Par's shoulder. His smile was warm. "Now and then. Par, you do manage to say the right thing." He tightened his grip. "I go where you go. That's the way it is with us. I'm not saying I always agree with the way you reason things out, but that doesn't change how I feel about you. So if you believe you must go to the Hadeshom to resolve this matter of the dreams, then I am going with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment