Thursday, April 19, 2012

I'm not

He realized Damson was studying him, a hard, probing look, and without warning his suspicions flared anew. Damson Rhee-was she the friend that Par believed or the enemy he sought so desperately to escape. Certainly she could have been the reason he'd had so many narrow escapes, the reason the Shadowen had almost trapped him so many times. But then, too, wasn't she also the reason he had escaped?

gucci shoes discount

"You're not certain of me, are you? " she asked quietly. "No," he admitted. "I'm not." She nodded. "I don't know what I can do to convince you, Morgan. I don't know that I even want to try. I have to spend whatever energy is left me finding a way to free Padishar. Then I will go in search of Par."

gucci shoes outlet

He looked away into the trees, thinking of the dark suspi- cions that the Shadowen bred in all of them, wishing it could be otherwise. "When I was at the Jut with Padishar," he said, "I was forced to kill a girl who was really a Shadowen." He looked back at her. "Her name was Teel. My friend Steff was in love with her, and it cost him his life." He told her then of Teel's betrayals and the eventual con- frontation deep within the' catacombs of the mountains behind the Jut where he had killed the Shadowen who had been Teel and saved Padishar Creel's life. "What frightens me," he said, "is that you could be another Teel and Par could end up like Steff."

No comments:

Post a Comment